Thursday, October 22, 2009

Disney's Winnie the Pooh Toddler Costume


Along with the Alice in Wonderland costume, I bought a Winnie the Pooh costume for my son, who is 20 months old. I love Winnie the Pooh. My son has a whole bunch of Winnie the Pooh plush toys, a Winnie the Pooh mobile, Winnie the Pooh sheets, Winnie the Pooh blankets, etc. I love all the characters. And of course once Alex is older, he won't want to wear Winnie the Pooh, I'm sure, so I took the chance while I had it. Plus, the costume was on sale for only $15. What a deal.

What I liked about the costume is it was so soft. As you can see in the picture, it has this big round belly in front which is so cute. We had a little trouble getting the hood to fit so the strap was under Alex's chin, but for the most part it was really cute on and I didn't have much complaints.


But there is one major problem with this costume: it is not warm. Now this is supposed to be a Halloween costume right? For the end of October? So why did they design this with nothing covering the legs? It's way cute that way, but I had to put something on underneath for both the arms and legs. And I can't tell for sure, but is this little boy wearing black tights? It's either that or tight leggings, neither of which are very manly. That might be okay on an infant, but not a toddler. Still, overall I think Alex looked cute in his costume and putting a red shirt underneath made it not look so bad. Well, see for yourself:

Just the Facts

Store: Disney Store
Regular Price: $24.95
Sale Price: $14.95
Date Purchased: October 2009
Rating: 3.8/5

Fit: My son is 20 months and is a little tall in the torso for his age. This costume was a 2T and fit fine, but I don't think it would have fit him if he were more than 26 months or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment